The drone consists of a laser-cut structure and a 3D printed seed/solid dispenser.
The wooden structure of the drone weighs 1.8 kg, we use six T-Motor P60 engines protected against dust and water.
Drone manufacturing files have a Creative Commons by-sa license that allows commercial use.
- Cost of manufacture: approximately 2000 US$.
- Weight: 8 kg.
- Dimensions: 72 x 72 x 40 cm.
- Flight time: 42 minutes without payload.
- Range radius: 1 km.
- Payload: An 8 litre bottle of seeds. (up to 500,000 seeds or about 8kg of pelletized seeds.)
- Speed: Sow up to 30 km/h.
- Autonomy: Fully automated sowing.
These are the links of the materials. There are links to the stores:
Where to buy it?
Dronecoria is an open source project, where we provide all the information so that the project can be replicated. We encourage you to participate in the project, making improvements, looking for organizations that can fine-tune the restoration of ecosystems or making a donation to the project.
If this is the first drone you manufacture we recommend starting with other smaller drones, such as the flone project.
The cost of the full drone with two batteries and one transmitter is less than 2000 euros.
You should look for a local laser cutter that can do the wood cutting service for you.
Below we place links to online stores like Banggood or Ebay, where to buy the components. Please note that it depends on your country you can find a nearest supplier, or that possible customs charges are not included.
- You have to buy 6 units.
- Oriented to agriculture, indicated for work in the field.
ESCFlame 60 Amp
- 6 units required.
- RECOMMENDED ESCs for that engine.
FlightboardHolyBro Pixhawk 4 & M8N GPS Module Combo
- This KIT includes GPS and PDB (Power Distribution Board).
RadioiRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
- It incorporates receiver with PPM and S.BUS.
Seed Shutter3D Print
- Seed shutter adaptable to 8 litre bottle.
- You can print it yourself or buy it printed on the net.
PropellersT-MOTOR Polymer Folding 22" MF2211
- Relatively inexpensive 22-inch folding propellers.
- 3 required. (or some more spare).
- 1 meter silicone cable.
TelemetryHolybro 500mW Transceiver V3
- Includes emitter and receiver.
- Choose 900 MHz or 433 MHz depending on the continent.
BateriesTurnigy MultiStar 6S 16000mAh
- LiPo batteries of at least 16000 mAh
- Download ratio 12C
- XT90 connector
- Two connectors are required
The drone is only part of the project, it is necessary to work on the analysis part of the territory and in the process of coating seeds.
We are looking at the basis of what would be a big data project for decision-making in sowing for ecosystem restoration.
Seed pelletizing is very important. Learn how to pelletize or improve the formula in the sister project: Powerful Seeds (Semillas Poderosas).
We are looking for companies that want to use this technology and collaborate in its development to improve efficiency collectively.